To celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day let’s read a prayer from Ireland’s patron saint.
Here is a beautiful excerpt from the Breastplate of Saint Patrick.
I arise today
Through the strength of heaven:
Light of sun,
Radiance of moon,
Splendor of fire,
Speed of lightning,
Swiftness of wind,
Depth of sea,
Stability of earth,
Firmness of rock.
– From St. Patrick’s Breastplate
8th century prayer
As Ireland and America celebrates St. Patrick today, I wish you all safe and happy times with family and friends.
I have been blessed by all the wonderful readers and followers of my little blog. Your comments, e-mails and words of encouragement have brightened my days over the past few months.
One of my favorite things about this website is hearing from you. Being new to blogging, I feel honored when you share my stories with friends and spread the word about Irish American Mom.
And so on this St. Patrick’s Day I salute you, the readers of my blog. Without you, my little corner of the world wide web would be a very lonely place. Here’s to continuing on this journey of discovery together, as I recount my tales of Ireland and my new role as a proud American Mom.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day to you and yours!
Slán agus beannacht,
(Goodbye and blessings)
Irish American Mom
Here are some other recipes and ramblings you might enjoy…
Read more Irish blessings here:
- 7-Day Irish Itinerary: Things To Do In Ireland
- How To Make Strawberry Mousse From Scratch
- Comfort Food: Nostalgic Savory Pie or Tart Recipes
- What To Wear In Ireland
- Irish National Parks You Don’t Want To Miss
- County Sligo Land of Heart’s Desire
- Best Irish Desserts and Recipes You Need to Try
- Cucumber Salad: A Delicious And Healthy Picnic Recipe
- Exploring The Advantages Of Buying Seasonal Foods
- Unique and Tasty Jam Recipes
- 19th Century Irish Immigrants Who Made Multiple Journeys To America
- Everything You Need to Know About Irish Pub Culture