To celebrate Saint Patrick's Day let's read a prayer from Ireland's patron saint.
Here is a beautiful excerpt from the Breastplate of Saint Patrick.
I arise today
Through the strength of heaven:
Light of sun,
Radiance of moon,
Splendor of fire,
Speed of lightning,
Swiftness of wind,
Depth of sea,
Stability of earth,
Firmness of rock.
- From St. Patrick's Breastplate
8th century prayer
As Ireland and America celebrates St. Patrick today, I wish you all safe and happy times with family and friends.
I have been blessed by all the wonderful readers and followers of my little blog. Your comments, e-mails and words of encouragement have brightened my days over the past few months.
One of my favorite things about this website is hearing from you. Being new to blogging, I feel honored when you share my stories with friends and spread the word about Irish American Mom.
And so on this St. Patrick's Day I salute you, the readers of my blog. Without you, my little corner of the world wide web would be a very lonely place. Here's to continuing on this journey of discovery together, as I recount my tales of Ireland and my new role as a proud American Mom.
Happy St. Patrick's Day to you and yours!
Slán agus beannacht,
(Goodbye and blessings)
Irish American Mom
Here are some other recipes and ramblings you might enjoy...
Read more Irish blessings here:
- Patriotic Oreo Truffles
- Celebrate 4th Of July With Patriotic Popsicles
- Easy Irish Recipes for Summer
- American Flag Patriotic Cheese Board
- 7 Amazing Castles in Ireland
- 11 Things to Do in Dublin Ireland You Don’t Want to Miss
- Learning About the Irish Reel Dance
- Layered Taco Salad
- Poached Eggs On Grated Potato Cakes
- Where to Start With Irish Art: A Guide to Irish Art and Culture
- Tabbouleh Salad With Bulgur Wheat and Parsley
- Walter's Way Tours Of Ireland