To celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day let’s read a prayer from Ireland’s patron saint.
Here is a beautiful excerpt from the Breastplate of Saint Patrick.
I arise today
Through the strength of heaven:
Light of sun,
Radiance of moon,
Splendor of fire,
Speed of lightning,
Swiftness of wind,
Depth of sea,
Stability of earth,
Firmness of rock.
– From St. Patrick’s Breastplate
8th century prayer
As Ireland and America celebrates St. Patrick today, I wish you all safe and happy times with family and friends.
I have been blessed by all the wonderful readers and followers of my little blog. Your comments, e-mails and words of encouragement have brightened my days over the past few months.
One of my favorite things about this website is hearing from you. Being new to blogging, I feel honored when you share my stories with friends and spread the word about Irish American Mom.
And so on this St. Patrick’s Day I salute you, the readers of my blog. Without you, my little corner of the world wide web would be a very lonely place. Here’s to continuing on this journey of discovery together, as I recount my tales of Ireland and my new role as a proud American Mom.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day to you and yours!
Slán agus beannacht,
(Goodbye and blessings)
Irish American Mom
Here are some other recipes and ramblings you might enjoy…
Read more Irish blessings here:
- Irish Countryside Simple Celtic Knot Necklace Giveaway
- Christmas Gift Giving With An Irish Flair
- How To Make The Best Irish Vegetable Soup
- Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes That Will Make Your Family Feast Extra Special
- Five Spooky Irish Folktales for Halloween
- Stacked Sugar Witch Cookies With Video Tutorial For Halloween
- How To Make Easy Delicious Pumpkin Brownies
- Halloween Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Witch’s Broomstick Snacks: Easy And Delicious
- Broomstick Witch Snacks For Halloween
- What is a Celtic Torc?
- How To Make Apple Chutney Irish Style