To celebrate Saint Patrick's Day let's read a prayer from Ireland's patron saint.
Here is a beautiful excerpt from the Breastplate of Saint Patrick.
I arise today
Through the strength of heaven:
Light of sun,
Radiance of moon,
Splendor of fire,
Speed of lightning,
Swiftness of wind,
Depth of sea,
Stability of earth,
Firmness of rock.
- From St. Patrick's Breastplate
8th century prayer
As Ireland and America celebrates St. Patrick today, I wish you all safe and happy times with family and friends.
I have been blessed by all the wonderful readers and followers of my little blog. Your comments, e-mails and words of encouragement have brightened my days over the past few months.
One of my favorite things about this website is hearing from you. Being new to blogging, I feel honored when you share my stories with friends and spread the word about Irish American Mom.
And so on this St. Patrick's Day I salute you, the readers of my blog. Without you, my little corner of the world wide web would be a very lonely place. Here's to continuing on this journey of discovery together, as I recount my tales of Ireland and my new role as a proud American Mom.
Happy St. Patrick's Day to you and yours!
Slán agus beannacht,
(Goodbye and blessings)
Mairéad -Irish American Mom
Pronunciation - slawn ah-gus ban-ock-th
Mairéad - rhymes with parade
Here are some other recipes and ramblings you might enjoy...
Read more Irish blessings here:
- How To Make Irish Style Cream of Celery Soup
- Irish Family Crests: An Easy Step by Step Guide
- The Wailing Banshee in Irish Mythology
- Celtic Cross Giveaway for Saint Patrick's Day
- Leprechaun Pop-up Card Craft With Template
- What is a Celtic Druid?
- Plush Felt Shamrock Stitching Craft With Free Template
- Toilet Tissue Roll Paper Leprechaun Craft
- Beef and Ale Stew
- Smooth Satisfying Homemade Irish Cream Liqueur
- Irish Calendar Giveaway 2023
- How To Make Delicious Festive Shortbread Star Cookies