Irish American Mom
Here, in the Irish American Mom Community we believe Irish food is simple, tasty and nutritious and usually isn’t “green” (except on St. Patrick’s Day when a few green beers or slices of emerald cake will do us no harm.)
MOST RECENT BLOG POSTS
Here you'll find my most recently published recipes and ramblings about all things Irish and Irish American.
- Celebrate the Holidays with a Taste of Ireland
- Himself and Herself China Mugs From Belleek Pottery
- Homemade Vegan Vegetable Stock Cubes
- Easy Bat Donut Holes Recipe For Kids
- Tasty and Simple Vegetarian Meals and Ideas
- Healthy Honey Roasted Parsnips Recipe
- Mustard Champ - An Easy and Flavorful Irish Side Dish
- How To Make Irish Style Cream of Celery Soup
CELEBRATING OUR IRISH HERITAGE
Celebrate and learn about your Irish heritage with Irish American Mom. We'll explore Irish history, culture and the legacy of our ancestors.
- Irish Family Crests: An Easy Step by Step Guide
- Everything You Need to Know About Irish Pub Culture
- Learning About the Irish Reel Dance
- Core Values In Irish Culture
- 5 Places You Can Learn Irish Dance Online
- The Religious Significance and History of Croagh Patrick
- The Life of St. Patrick
- History of Shrove Tuesday And Pancake Day Plus Old Irish Traditions
- The History and Origins of Traditional Irish Music
- The History and Origins of Irish Dance
- The Irish Wake – A Traditional Last Goodbye
- The Pilgrim Path or Tóchar Phádraig
- Explore The Origins Of The Celtic Festival Of Imbolc
- The Celtic Festival Of Bealtaine
- Saint Patrick's Day Around The World
- Saint Patrick's Day In America Versus Ireland
- How The Irish Celebrate Saint Paddy's Day
- Saint Brigid's Links To Lisbon, Portugal
IRISH SOUPS AND STEWS
Irish soups and stews are comfort food at its very best. Here you'll find my favorite recipes from Ireland.
- Irish Guinness Beef Stew - Crockpot Recipe
- Traditional Irish Potato Soup
- Potato And Leek Soup
- Rutabaga And Carrot Soup
- Farmhouse Beef Stew
- Carrot And Coriander Soup
- Dublin Coddle
- Leftover Corned Beef and Cabbage Soup
- Deliciously Hearty Beef Barley Stew
- Onion and Potato Soup - A Fast Way To Warm Up
- How To Make The Best Irish Vegetable Soup
- Cauliflower and Bacon Soup
Why not celebrate your Irish heritage with some Irish and Celtic themed crafts. Here you'll find crafts for a variety of holidays including Saint Patrick's Day and Christmas.
POTATO RECIPES FROM IRELAND
Potatoes are a favorite side dish in Ireland. My father would even request a side of potatoes with lasagne. Here you'll find all my favorite potato recipes from Ireland.
- Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes Irish Style
- Floury Mashed Potatoes Irish Style
- How To Roast Potatoes Irish Or English Style
- Irish Potato Cakes
- Boxty - Irish Potato Pancakes
- Irish Champ
- Colcannon - A Traditional Irish Halloween Dish
- How To Cook Perfect Irish Chips
- Potato And Leek Soup
- The Step-By-Step Guide to Crispy Smashed Potatoes
- Grilled Foil Packet Garlic Herb Potatoes
- Cheesy Mushroom Potato Bites
Irish gifts feature in our little giveaways, here in the Irish American Mom Community. From time to time I host a giveaway with beautiful Irish gifts as the prize. Why not join in the fun?
Check out these favorite recipes readers can’t get enough of. Here are some of the most popular Irish recipes found on this website.
Search by recipe name or check out these popular categories.
A TASTE OF IRELAND
CAKES, COOKIES, AND DESSERTS
If you have a sweet tooth then you might find the perfect sweet treat here in my collection of recipes featuring Irish cakes, cookies and desserts.
IRISH MAIN DISHES
Do you enjoy hearty dinners made with fresh ingredients? Here you'll find my recipes for my favorite Irish dinners.
- Delicious And Flavorful Whiskey Pork Chops Recipe
- Guinness Glazed Chicken Tenders
- Easy Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Leftover Turkey and Ham Rissoles
- Flavor Loaded Guinness Marinated Steaks
- Cod and Parsley Sauce
- Budget Friendly Salmon Fish Cakes
- Cheesy Seafood Bake
- Irish Cod Fish Cakes
- Creamy Chicken And Mushroom Stuffed Boxty
- Chicken Curry With Apple And Raisins
- Beer Battered Fish
FAVORITE AMERICAN RECIPES
After living in America for over 20 years I've picked up a few recipes along the way. Here's my collection of favorite American recipes.
HOUSE AND HOME
IRISH BOOKS AND CULTURE
In this section we explore Irish themed books, writers, and cook books. Why not explore some Irish literature today?
Slán agus beannacht,
(Goodbye and blessings)
Mairéad -Irish American Mom
Pronunciation - slawn ah-gus ban-ock-th
Mairéad - rhymes with parade