I love pancakes! Thick and fluffy American style pancakes! Or thin and lemony Irish style crepes! Boxty is an Irish favorite and my kids simply love wholewheat pumpkin pancakes.
Yummy! I love them all.
And so I created this page to share all my favorite pancake recipes. This is the perfect destination for Pancake Tuesday decisions.
This traditional potato pancake dish, with its origins in the northern counties of Cavan, Donegal, Leitrim and Monaghan, is sometimes called stamp.
Buttermilk pancakes should be light and fluffy, and oozing with buttery flavor and goodness. Delicious served warm, and straight from the pan with melting butter and honey.
My version of this delectable Irish delight comes with a filling of chicken, mushrooms, bacon and white Irish cheddar in a rich cream sauce, wrapped in a tender potato pancake.
Drop scones are small, thick pancakes, so named because they are made by dropping spoonfuls of batter on to a hot griddle or frying pan.
Irish pancakes are thin, flat cakes, made by frying batter in a pan, just like French crêpes. A dash of freshly-squeezed lemon juice was added plus a sprinkling of fine white sugar.
Delicate crepes are filled with a creamy and delicious savory chicken and aspargus mixture.
This is a wonderful recipe for brunch, Easter lunch or dinner.
Whole wheat pumpkin pancakes with added flax meal and wheat germ, boast a distinctive nutty flavor.
And as I share more of my pancake recipes on my blog, I’ll be sure to add the recipe links here.
Wishing you all happy pancake flipping.
Slán agus beannacht,
(Goodbye and blessings)
Irish American Mom
- 7-Day Irish Itinerary: Things To Do In Ireland
- How To Make Strawberry Mousse From Scratch
- Comfort Food: Nostalgic Savory Pie or Tart Recipes
- What To Wear In Ireland
- Irish National Parks You Don’t Want To Miss
- County Sligo Land of Heart’s Desire
- Best Irish Desserts and Recipes You Need to Try
- Cucumber Salad: A Delicious And Healthy Picnic Recipe
- Exploring The Advantages Of Buying Seasonal Foods
- Unique and Tasty Jam Recipes
- 19th Century Irish Immigrants Who Made Multiple Journeys To America
- Everything You Need to Know About Irish Pub Culture