Skip counting is an important math skill, which is learned as a natural precursor to multiplication.
To give a helping hand to teachers and homeschoolers, here's a little Irish fun for little ones, who may be trying to master this skill.
Saint Patrick was probably a great skip counter in his day, as he converted the Celtic masses to Christianity, and his followers multiplied by the dozen.
Leprechauns are also excellent counters, since they need to keep track of all those coins in their pots of gold. A wee bit of skip counting makes totting up those golden totals extra fast and easy.
Kindergarten and First Grade Fun:
Creating school worksheets that are linked to holidays and relevant events, can be a great way to capture kids' imaginations.
These activity sheets are perfect for kindergarteners and first graders.
Why not give these sheets a try, for a little Irish themed school fun this Saint Patrick's Day.
How To Use These Sheets:
These sheets feature three different Irish inspired images with columns for cutting.
Each column has a unique number.
Cut the strips so that a number is featured at the bottom of each one.
These sheets are also very beneficial for practicing scissor skills and helping with fine motor coordination.
Have little ones recreate the images, just like jigsaw puzzles with parallel pieces. As they recreate these leprechaun images the numbers will line up in correct skip counting order.
Sing the numbers as you go.
Call them out loud. Try to call them out with an Irish accent.
Who cares how bad your leprechaun accent may be?
Practice, practice, practice, and these number sequences will be added to little ones' rote memories.
Free Printable Worksheets:
Here you'll find a free printable in PDF format.
There are a total of three sheets for counting in 2's, 5's and 10's.
Simply click here or on the button below to find these free printable activity sheets.
I hope these school worksheets help make learning fun, especially since they hold a little extra leprechaun magic.
Please feel free to share this post with teachers or home schooling parents who may be in search of Saint Patrick's Day math activities.
Here are some other free activity sheets and activities which you might find helpful.
Thanks for following my recipes and ramblings.
Slán agus beannacht,
(Goodbye and blessings)
Irish American Mom
- An Irish Tour Following in the Footsteps of Saint Brigid
- Patriotic Oreo Truffles
- Celebrate 4th Of July With Patriotic Popsicles
- Easy Irish Recipes for Summer
- American Flag Patriotic Cheese Board
- 7 Amazing Castles in Ireland
- 11 Things to Do in Dublin Ireland You Don’t Want to Miss
- Learning About the Irish Reel Dance
- How to Study Abroad in Ireland
- Celtic Cross Giveaway for Easter
- Connemara Marble Shamrock Pendant
- Irish Thatched Cottage Art Work By Carmel
- Solvar - Irish Jewelry
- The Irish Rainbow Pot of Gold Legend Plus A Cute Paper Craft
- Peat Fire Jewelry Inspired by Ireland and Our Celtic Heritage
- If I Was A Leprechaun Writing Pack For Kids