Saint Patrick's Day is fast approaching which means that once again it's leprechaun time.
To celebrate this year, I thought why not make a cute little leprechaun using an old toilet tissue roll.
We love leprechauns in this Irish corner of the internet, so this craft includes a printable tutorial. Plus there's a free template to print and cut out, to help you on your way with this adorable craft.
If you've ever wondered what kids can make with empty toilet paper rolls, then this is the St Patricks Day craft for you.
Table of Contents
Toilet Tissue Roll Paper Craft
Toilet tissue rolls are very handy for crafting. I remember using them for school crafts way back in the day, when I was a young school girl in Dublin.
I love recreating some of the crafts I made as a child, either directed by my mother, or my teachers at school. I was taught by some wonderful Irish ladies, including some of the kindest nuns in the world.
So save your toilet paper rolls, we're going to add a little magic to them with this kids' paper craft.
Printable Templates for Toilet Paper Roll Leprechaun
A handy template makes toilet paper roll crafts super easy. Here you'll find a PDF File with two pages in this free printable template. You'll find it through the button below.
The first template is printed in black and white. Little ones can color in the pieces before cutting them out to glue onto the toilet paper roll.
The second sheet is printed in color. All of the pieces you will need to create your leprechaun are included here, in lovely shades of orange, green, white and black. You'll find a cut out for a leprechaun hat with a buckle, a bowtie, buttons, plus of course, an orange beard.
You'll find two paper eyes to cut out, but I prefer to use plastic googly eyes. The choice is yours.
Tutorial for Paper Leprechaun Craft
Here's a printable tutorial for this toilet paper roll craft.
I hope this will be helpful for any teachers or homeschooling parents who are searching for a creative Irish craft for their students and children.
Toilet Tissue Roll Leprechaun Craft
- Tissue Paper Roll
- Colorful Craft Papers Green and orange shades
- Googly Eyes
- Use the PDF template to cut out the pieces for the leprechaun.
- Glue the beige/cream coloured craft paper on top of the tissue paper roll.
- Then glue the green craft paper on the bottom part of the tissue paper roll.
- Glue the leprechaun’s beard on top of the beige coloured craft paper.
- Glue the buttons over the green craft paper.
- Glue the bow tie right below the leprechaun’s beard.
- Glue the hat’s black belt and buckle together.
- Then glue the black belt over the hat.
- Glue the hat on top of the leprechaun’s head.
- Glue the leprechaun’s nose and two googly eyes to finish the craft.
If you like this cute leprechaun craft, then here are some other Irish themed crafts especially for St Patrick's Day.
Thanks for following my recipes and ramblings.
You're welcome to share any of my crafts or recipes with your friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram, or any other way you like. I really appreciate your support in getting the word out about Irish American Mom's corner of the internet.
Happy Irish crafting!
Slán agus beannacht,
(Goodbye and blessings)
Mairéad -Irish American Mom
Pronunciation - slawn ah-gus ban-ock-th
Mairéad - rhymes with parade
Here are some more recipes and ramblings you might enjoy.
- How to Study Abroad in Ireland
- The Irish Rainbow Pot of Gold Legend Plus A Cute Paper Craft
- If I Was A Leprechaun Writing Pack For Kids
- Halloween Counting Sheets For Spooky Learning Fun
- Symbols of Ireland Preschool Activity Worksheets
- Irish Themed Color By Number Pages
- Free Printable Saint Patrick's Day Coloring Pages
- Irish Hearts Learning Sheets For Preschoolers