Do you love old Irish sayings?
Do you find there's wisdom in the words of our ancestors?
Do you ever wonder if the Irish hold any deep insights into love?
Here is an old Irish saying about love, which underscores that love is for life.
It goes like this...
"A day lasts until it's chased away,
But love lasts until the grave."
This is the English translation of an old Irish language proverb...
"Maireann lá go ruaig ach maireann an grá go huaigh."
Here's a sound file which you can play to listen to the pronunciation of this Irish language saying....
Here's the phrase, spelled out phonetically to help with pronunciation...
"Mar-in law guh roo-ig
Ock mar-in on graw guh hoo-ig."
Our Irish ancestors left us with many wise old words to guide us through life, and to advise on happiness in love and marriage.
You'll find more sayings in this blog post, Love and Marriage - Irish Style.
Or you may enjoy this collection of sayings, about Lessons In Love From Old Irish Sayings.
Thanks for stopping by.
Slán agus beannacht,
(Goodbye and blessings)
Mairéad -Irish American Mom
Pronunciation - slawn ah-gus ban-ock-th
Mairéad - rhymes with parade
Here are some other posts you might enjoy...
How To Make A Saint Brigid's Cross Using Pipe Cleaners
- How To Make Apple Chutney Irish Style
- Cucumber Salad: A Delicious And Healthy Picnic Recipe
- 19th Century Irish Immigrants Who Made Multiple Journeys To America
- Easy Healthy Red Cabbage Slaw Recipe
- Potato and Chive Salad
- The Best Homemade Guinness Barbecue Sauce
- The Sweet and Healthy Taste of Parsley Buttered Potatoes
- Celtic Roots Learning Program
- The Step-By-Step Guide to Crispy Smashed Potatoes
- Spiced Red Cabbage
- Creamy Oven Baked Onions Irish Style
- Minted Peas - An Irish and English Side Dish
Leave a Reply