Here is an old Irish saying about love, which underscores that love is for life.
It goes like this...
"A day lasts until it's chased away,
but love lasts until the grave."
This is the English translation of an old Irish language proverb...
"Maireann lá go ruaig
ach maireann an grá go huaigh."
Here's a sound file which you can play to listen to the pronunciation of this Irish language saying....
Here's the phrase, spelled out phonetically to help with pronunciation...
"Mar-in law guh roo-ig
Ock mar-in on graw guh hoo-ig."
Our Irish ancestors left us with many wise old words to guide us through life, and to advise on happiness in love and marriage.
You'll find more sayings in this blog post, Love and Marriage - Irish Style.
Or you may enjoy this collection of sayings, about Lessons In Love From Old Irish Sayings.
Thanks for stopping by.
Slán agus beannacht,
(Goodbye and blessings)
Irish American Mom
Here are some other posts you might enjoy...
- Easy Healthy Red Cabbage Slaw Recipe
- Potato and Chive Salad
- The Best Homemade Guinness Barbecue Sauce
- The Sweet and Healthy Taste of Parsley Buttered Potatoes
- Celtic Roots Learning Program
- The Step-By-Step Guide to Crispy Smashed Potatoes
- Spiced Red Cabbage
- Minted Peas - An Irish and English Side Dish
- Summer Fennel Salad With Lemon and Sherry Vinegar Dressing
- Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes Irish Style
- An Irish Pilgrimage
- Sautéed Cabbage - A Quick and Simple Irish Side Dish