A pop-up leprechaun card is a lovely way to send Irish greetings around Saint Patrick's Day or any time of year.
Saint Patrick's Day is a time for celebrating our Irish heritage and sending warm Irish wishes to loved ones. Little ones can use this free template and instructions to create their very own Saint Patrick's Day card to share with friends and family.
Table of Contents
Sending Cards for Saint Patrick's Day
Greeting cards are a great way to send a little Irish luck or an Irish blessing to those you love at St Patrick's Day.
Plus this cute craft features a pop-up feature holding the leprechaun. Kids can admire and be proud of their own pop-up creation.
Read on to find the printable template for cutting out the paper pieces, plus a printable how-to tutorial for this adorable leprechaun card.
If you're looking for a cute leprechaun card craft to send happy Irish blessings, then this is the tutorial for you.
You can purchase envelopes in craft stores, to accompany this pop-up note card if you wish to mail your greetings.
Pop Up Irish Card Craft
Pop up cards are ever so cute and impressive. This card has been especially designed for Saint Patrick's Day.
It's a wonderful craft for 2nd to 4th graders to try out. Lots of scissor, folding, and gluing skills required.
Pop-up cards are simpler than you might think. The key to success is making small parallel slits on the folded edge of a piece of cardstock that has been folded in half. This piece can be creased and pushed inwards to create a pop up socket.
The leprechaun is made from cut-out paper pieces. His face is created using markers. You can add eyes, a nose, a mouth and even eyebrows if you wish.
You'll find step-by-step photographic instructions in the printable craft instruction card.
Printable Templates for Leprechaun Card Craft
These print and cut out templates make this leprechaun craft super easy.
Here you'll find a PDF File with three template pages in this free printable. You'll find it through the button below.
The first template is printed in black and white. Kids can color in the leprechaun clothes, hat and face before cutting them out to glue onto the pop-up card.
Alternatively you can use the already colored pieces to cut out. The second template sheet is printed in color. All of the decorative pieces you will need to create your leprechaun card are here, including the rainbow template and pot of gold.
Tutorial for Pop-up Leprechaun Craft
Here's a printable tutorial for this Irish pop-up card craft.
I hope this will be helpful for teachers or homeschooling parents who are searching for a creative and impressive card craft for their students to make for Saint Patrick's Day.
Pop-Up Leprechaun Card
- 1 Pencil.
- 1 Ruler
- 1 Scissors
- Marker pens.
- Cardstock paper any color
- Craft paper
- Cut out the pieces for the leprechaun from the template.
- Glue the hair and the leprechaun beard to the face.
- Glue the hands with the sleeves, glue the shoes with the pants and glue the hat’s belt to the hat.
- Glue the leprechaun’s shirt with the body.
- Glue the sleeves and the pants with the shirt.
- Glue the leprechaun hat on top of the head.
- Draw the face using marker pens.
- Select your card paper for the craft. Fold in half. Place the template on the cardstock with the lines placed on the folded edge of the card.
- Glue the card template to the card stock with the vertical lines placed perpendicular to the closed seam of the card stock paper.
- Cut along the vertical lines and then fold the small pop-up section horizontally.
- Push the pop-up support section inwards on the card.
- Open your card.
- Glue the leprechaun on the pop up socket.
- Cut out the pieces for the rainbow from the template.
- Start gluing the pieces together (large to small).
- Finish gluing all the pieces for the rainbow.
- Glue the rainbow on the top part of the card.
- Cut out the black pot, gold coins and shamrocks from the template.
- Glue the coins onto the pot.
- Glue the pot on the bottom part of the card.
- Glue the rest of the coins around the pot.
- Then glue the shamrocks on the card.
If you like this cute leprechaun craft, then here are some other Irish themed crafts especially for St Patrick's Day.
The Irish Rainbow Pot of Gold Legend Plus A Cute Paper Craft
Plush Felt Shamrock Stitching Craft With Free Template
Irish Themed Color By Number Pages
Paper Leprechaun Bookmark Craft
Build Your Own Shoebox Leprechaun Trap
Thanks for following my recipes and ramblings.
You're welcome to share any of my crafts or recipes with your friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram, or any other way you like. I really appreciate your support in getting the word out about Irish American Mom's corner of the internet.d
This year why not surprise a family member with the gift of a pop-up leprechaun card.
Happy Irish crafting!
Slán agus beannacht,
(Goodbye and blessings)
Mairéad -Irish American Mom
Pronunciation - slawn ah-gus ban-ock-th
Mairéad - rhymes with parade
Here are some more recipes and ramblings you might enjoy.
- How to Study Abroad in Ireland
- The Irish Rainbow Pot of Gold Legend Plus A Cute Paper Craft
- If I Was A Leprechaun Writing Pack For Kids
- Halloween Counting Sheets For Spooky Learning Fun
- Symbols of Ireland Preschool Activity Worksheets
- Irish Themed Color By Number Pages
- Free Printable Saint Patrick's Day Coloring Pages
- Irish Hearts Learning Sheets For Preschoolers
Leave a Reply