In my post, The Demon Drink, I explore Irish sayings and expressions that warn us against drinking too much.
Here's one in Irish.
"Nuair a bhíos an braon istigh
bíonn an chiall amuigh."
Just click the sound file above to listen to the pronunciation.
(I'm not a native Irish speaker, but I remember enough from school to help out.)
Here it is written phonetically ....
Noo-ur ah vee-us on bray-un ish-tig,
Bee-un on khee-uhl ahm-wih.
Translated into English this means...
"When the drop is inside
the sense is outside."
Thanks for stopping by to check out this old Irish saying.
Slán agus beannacht,
(Goodbye and blessings)
Irish American Mom
Here are some recipes you might enjoy...
- Easy And Delicious Cranberry Brie Bites Recipe
- Sewing Spool Christmas Tree Ornament Craft
- Our Irish Heritage - A Kid's Guide to the Irish Diaspora and Irish National Anthem
- Tissue Paper Christmas Tree Cone Craft
- Cardboard Tube Paper Plate Christmas Wreath
- Celebrate the Holidays with a Taste of Ireland
- Himself and Herself China Mugs From Belleek Pottery
- Homemade Vegan Vegetable Stock Cubes