In my post, The Demon Drink, I explore Irish sayings and expressions that warn us against drinking too much.
Here's one in Irish.
"Nuair a bhíos an braon istigh
bíonn an chiall amuigh."
Just click the sound file above to listen to the pronunciation.
(I'm not a native Irish speaker, but I remember enough from school to help out.)
Here it is written phonetically ....
Noo-ur ah vee-us on bray-un ish-tig,
Bee-un on khee-uhl ahm-wih.
Translated into English this means...
"When the drop is inside
the sense is outside."
Thanks for stopping by to check out this old Irish saying.
Slán agus beannacht,
(Goodbye and blessings)
Irish American Mom
Here are some recipes you might enjoy...
- The Sweet and Healthy Taste of Parsley Buttered Potatoes
- If I Was A Leprechaun Writing Pack For Kids
- Celtic Roots Learning Program
- Spicy Red Lentil and Carrot Soup
- Onion and Potato Soup - A Fast Way To Warm Up
- The History and Origins of Traditional Irish Music
- The History and Origins of Irish Dance
- The Step-By-Step Guide to Crispy Smashed Potatoes