In my post, The Demon Drink, I explore Irish sayings and expressions that warn us against drinking too much.
Here’s one in Irish.
“Nuair a bhíos an braon istigh
bíonn an chiall amuigh.”
Just click the sound file above to listen to the pronunciation.
(I’m not a native Irish speaker, but I remember enough from school to help out.)
Here it is written phonetically ….
Noo-ur ah vee-us on bray-un ish-tig,
Bee-un on khee-uhl ahm-wih.
Translated into English this means…
“When the drop is inside
the sense is outside.”
Thanks for stopping by to check out this old Irish saying.
Slán agus beannacht,
(Goodbye and blessings)
Irish American Mom
Here are some recipes you might enjoy…
- Irish Countryside Simple Celtic Knot Necklace Giveaway
- Christmas Gift Giving With An Irish Flair
- How To Make The Best Irish Vegetable Soup
- Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes That Will Make Your Family Feast Extra Special
- Five Spooky Irish Folktales for Halloween
- Stacked Sugar Witch Cookies With Video Tutorial For Halloween
- How To Make Easy Delicious Pumpkin Brownies
- Halloween Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes