Witch's Broomstick Snacks are an easy way to put a fancy, festive flare in your Halloween party food! This simple, handy, how-to guide makes broomstick snacks a snap!
Witches' broomstick snacks are easy and delicious. Great for Halloween parties and anytime during the run up to Halloween, these snacks are sure to be a hit.
Table of Contents
Easy to Assemble Halloween Treats
If you've ever wondered which snacks to serve at a witch's tea party for Halloween, then these broomsticks are your answer.
How do you make an edible Halloween broom stick? It's as simple as two ingredients - peanut butter cups and pretzel sticks.
Kids and adults will love these easy Halloween treats and themed food for a Halloween get together.
The ribbed chocolate edges of Reese's peanut butter cups mimic the strands of a broom. A pretzel is all you need for the broom handle.
Plus there's no need to microwave candy melts or turn on the oven for these witches' broomsticks.
It cannot get easier than that for a hocus pocus party.
Ingredients for Sweet Witchs' Broomstick Snacks
Here's what you'll need for these impressive snacks.
- Peanut Butter Cups - I like to use the mini peanut butter cups since they are a little lighter than the full sized ones. The pretzel sticks are less likely to snap when using small chocolate candies.
- Pretzel sticks - Try to use shorter, sturdier pretzel sticks since they are more robust and less likely to break when you stick them into the chocolate cup.
Instructions for Witch Broom Sweet Treats
These witches' broomsticks are ever so eays to make.
Simply unwrap the foil from the reese's peanut butter cups.
Place them with the wider side face down on a cutting board or parchment paper lined baking tray.
Pierce the top of the chocolate cup with a pretzel stick and push it about half way through the candy. Be careful not to push it through the bottom of the candy.
If you make these snacks in advance place them in an airtight container. I would only make them a few hours in advance, rather than the day before a party.
No need to store them in the refrigerator since the pretzel sticks could go soggy in the fridge.
If you would like to pair these sweet broomstick treats with a savory broomstick, why not check out my cheesy witchs' broomsticks.
Recipe Card for Witch Broom Treats
Here's a printable instruction sheet for your files. This barely qualifies as a recipe with only two ingredients required.
Peanut Butter Cup Witches Brooms
- 12 peanut butter cups
- 12 pretzel sticks
- Unwrap the peanut butter cups and place them upside down on a hard surface.
- Insert a pretzel stick into center of each peanut butter cup, going about halfway through. Perform this slowly so you don’t poke all the way through or break the pretzel stick.
- Repeat with each peanut butter cup. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
I hope everyone has great fun this year planning and hosting perfectly spooky Halloween parties.
Thanks for following my recipes and ramblings.
Slán agus beannacht,
(Goodbye and blessings)
Mairéad -Irish American Mom
Pronunciation - slawn ah-gus ban-ock-th
Mairéad - rhymes with parade
- Stacked Sugar Witch Cookies With Video Tutorial For Halloween
- How To Make Easy Delicious Pumpkin Brownies
- Halloween Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Broomstick Witch Snacks For Halloween
- Scary Halloween Food and Dishes
- Barmbrack - A Traditional Fruity Bread From Ireland
- Homemade Chocolate Pretzel Spider Webs For Halloween
- Green Monster Face Cookies For Halloween
- 20 Creepy Green Halloween Treats
- Skeleton Face Cookies For Halloween
- Easy Kid's Fun With Chocolate Dipped Apples
- Hauntingly Spooky Ghost Pretzels For Halloween
What a fun and easy treat. Perfect for hocus locus parties.
Irish American Mom
So glad you like these treats, Mary. Thanks for stopping by.
All the best,