Savory pie, or tart as we say in Ireland, is a perfect one-dish dinner or lunch. There’s a tart for everyone in this selection of savory pies from around the internet.
From hand pies to galettes, rustic tarts to veggie stuffed savory pies, these beautiful creations are sure to whet your appetite.
Since Irish people love to make savory tarts, I hope you’ll find quiches and tarts on the lunch menus of many Irish cafés and restaurants.
Ireland is also famous for Dingle Pies which are made with carrots, peas and lamb, but that’s a recipe for another day.
I’m not talking about chicken pot pie, or shepherd’s pie this time. This collection features some ultimate comfort food, but there’s no pork, ground beef, salmon, turkey, or chicken required. Vegetables all the way this time round.
These vegetable tarts are all vegetarian, and many are made with an unusual combination of ingredients.
I hope you find your favorite here.
Table of Contents
- Asparagus and Mushroom Galette by Sula and Spice
- Mushroom Feta and Asparagus Tart by A Tasty Kitchen
- Tomato Tart by Small Town Woman
- Shallot Tart by Taste Botanicals
- Rustic Tomato Tart by Joy Filled Eats
- Onion Tart by Masala Herb
- Onion Tartlets by Joy Filled Eats
- Caramelized Onion Tartlets by An Edible Mosaic
- Bacon Asparagus Tarts by Thrifty Jinxy
- Rustic Onion and Potato Tart by The Cozy Plum
- Lemon Asparagus Tart by Barth Bakery
- Zucchini Ricotta Tart by If You Give a Blonde a Kitchen
- Tomato Galette by Forking Good
- Sweet Potato, Kale and Apple Tart by Cooking and Cussing
- Honeynut Squash and Goat Cheese Galette by Barley + Sage
- Thank You To Our Contributors
First, here’s an asparagus and mushroom galette that’s so delicious and filling. You will love to share a slice of this with someone special!
The pie crust is made with a sheet of puff pastry making this an easy dinner to put together.
Mushroom, feta and asparagus come together to create one unforgettable savory tart. This would be perfect for lunch with friends.
This is one of my favorite savory pie recipes and one that is sure to impress guests.
This tart is built over a mushroom duxelle, which is made with minced onions to form a textured sauce-like mixture.
This is the tart for you if your garden is producing lots of tomatoes right now!
So tasty with melted mozzarella cheese combined with tomatoes for a true taste of Italy.
Shallots have such a wonderful flavor. To capture them in a tart; well that is a tantalizing idea!
They’re flavor is not as strong as a regular onion, and the tend to be deliciously sweet.
This tart is packed with tender tomatoes and so much rustic flair.
Plus if you’re looking for a gluten-free tart, then this is the recipe for you.
The crust is made with almond and coconut flours, combined with ground golden flax, plus some grated cheddar cheese.
Onion tart packs a savory bite that you are sure to love. This is such a great recipe.
This recipe works great with a regular shortcrust pastry crust, a puff pastry crust. Phyllo dough also makes a delicious crust for this savory dish.
These little tartlets are perfect for anyone who can’t get enough onion flavor!
If you like cheese and onion flavor then these savory morsels are for you. Cheese and onion is a favorite Irish flavor that features in our potato chips, known as Tayto.
This onion tart is gorgeous, and has a sweet note to it thanks to the caramelization of the onions.
The onions are sweet and tender, and beautifully browned in these tasty bites.
These tarts have so much hearty bacon flavor. It pairs perfectly with the asparagus.
Bacon and asparagus are made extra tasty with added Parmesan cheese and a dash of garlic powder.
Beaten eggs bring everything together for these party pleasers.
Onions and potatoes make for one dreamy combination in a savory tart.
The onion flavors meld with the potatoes in the oven, for a delicious combination of textures in evey slice. Grab your knife and fork and dig in.
Lemon and asparagus seem to be made for each other with this tart recipe.
This crust is made with a flaky, butter pastry. It’s covered with a lemon infused mascarpone cheese mixture, before topping it all with trimmed asparagus spears.
You could add some olives or herbs on top if you wish.
This tart is the one to keep on hand for zucchini season! It is so delicious!
Basil, garlic, ricotta and parmasan cheeses create a delicious base for fresh zucchini.
This tomato galette is so savory and dreamy. It is the perfect summer dish.
Fresh basil leaves and balsamic drizzle take this dish to the next level of excellence.
You could also try some sliced roasted peppers in addition to the tomatoes in this recipe.
Apples, kale and sweet potatoes are the perfect combination for this tart that has a lot of fall vibes packed inside.
This one could also be made with spinach instead of kale.
Goat cheese is an immediate elevation for this galette recipe. It has such a delightful flavor when paired with squash!
Honey adds a touch of sweetness to the roasted squash – the featured vegetable in this savory tart.
Thank You To Our Contributors
In conclusion, I would like to express a big thank you to all the wonderful cooks and bloggers who submitted their recipes for publication here.
I really appreciate their permission to share their photography here on my website.
I hope you find a vegetable tart here that you’ll enjoy.
Slán agus beannacht,
(Goodbye and blessings)
Mairéad –Irish American Mom
Pronunciation – slawn ah-gus ban-ock-th
Mairéad – rhymes with parade
- Beef and Ale Stew
- Smooth Satisfying Homemade Irish Cream Liqueur
- Irish Calendar Giveaway 2023
- How To Make Delicious Festive Shortbread Star Cookies
- Irish Countryside Simple Celtic Knot Necklace Giveaway
- Christmas Gift Giving With An Irish Flair
- How To Make The Best Irish Vegetable Soup
- Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes That Will Make Your Family Feast Extra Special
- Five Spooky Irish Folktales for Halloween
- Stacked Sugar Witch Cookies With Video Tutorial For Halloween
- How To Make Easy Delicious Pumpkin Brownies
- Halloween Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes