Handmade Christmas angels are beautiful adorning a festive Christmas tree. Crochet angels are heart warming gifts made with love.
Angels are beloved symbols of the Christmas season both in Ireland and America. Messengers of peace, they remind us to treasure family and friends and that unhurried moments are at the heart of the season.
Angels tell us to “be not afraid”, reminding us to pause and experience the true gifts of Christmas – love, peace, and togetherness.
Angels remind me how precious time is and how loving memories endure. They help me remember my angels who have shared in my celebrations and family traditions through my forty-something years of life. Some of my angels are no longer with me physically, but each time I see an angel on my Christmas tree I whisper a prayer of gratitude to my departed loved ones.
And so I love to adorn my Christmas tree with handmade crochet angels. Each year I make a new angel to add to my Christmas host. They are a decorative celebration of the spirit of the season and a new family tradition that will help my children tell our family tale in years to come.
This year I crocheted three angels for a giveaway from Irish American Mom. To enter just leave a comment on this blog post by noon on Tuesday December 18th. Tell us what angels mean for you at Christmas time.
A winning comment will be chosen randomly. Remember to leave your e-mail so that I can contact you if you win. Your e-mail won’t be published or shared, just used to contact you should you win.
The winner will be announced on Tuesday December 18th, so I can pop the angels in the mail to reach the winner in time for Christmas.
And so –
May you always walk in sunshine.
May you never want for more.
May Irish angels rest their wings
Right beside your door.
~ Old Irish Blessing
Slán agus beannacht,
(Goodbye and blessings)
Irish American Mom
Here are some more of my Irish Christmas recipes and ramblings:
- A Candle In The Window – An Irish Christmas Tradition
- May the Blessings Of Christmas Be With You
- Day Two Of Our Twelve Days of Christmas Giveaways
- Quiet Man Cottage – Day Three Prize For Christmas
- Donegal Tweed Scarf Day Five Christmas Gift
- Fifteen Sparkly Fun DIY Glitter Ornaments for Christmas
- Fill Your Life With Merry DIY Santas
- Brighten Your Christmas With DIY Homemade Candles
- Irish Christmas Traditions
- Stirrings by Máire Malone – An Irish Poem for Christmas
- Snow Wonders Celtic And Irish Inspired Christmas Ornaments
- December 8th – Ireland’s Equivalent To Black Friday