Wishing you all a very happy Christmas. May the peace of the season surround you, as you celebrate with those you love.
Here, you can learn how to say Happy Christmas in the Irish language.
Plus I've included some phonetic pronunciation tips.
How To Say Happy Christmas in Irish
In Irish (or the Irish form of Gaelic) we say ....
Nollaig Shona Duit
This is pronounced "null-ig hun-ah gwitch" and is the singular form of the greeting.
If you are addressing more than one person you would say ...
Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Prononciation is "null-ig hun-ah jeeve".
And so, I wish you all joy and peace this Christmas season. Seasons greetings in Irish goes like this (it literally means blessings of the seasons)...
Beannachtaí an tSéasúir
(Pronunciation for "Beannachtaí an tSéasúir" is "ban-uck-thee on thay-shure)
More Christmas Recipes and Ramblings
If you enjoy crafts and printables, especially festive projects, you might like to check out these tutorials and resources.
Thanks for following my recipes and ramblings.
Slán agus beannacht,
(Goodbye and blessings)
Mairéad -Irish American Mom
Pronunciation - slawn ah-gus ban-ock-th
Mairéad - rhymes with parade
Here are some more posts you might like to explore to learn about how to celebrate Christmas, Irish style....
- How To Steam A Christmas or Plum Pudding In A Crockpot.
- Easy And Delicious Cranberry Brie Bites Recipe
- Christmas Pinwheel Sandwiches For The Festive Season
- Homemade Mincemeat
- Mixed Spice - A Traditional Festive Baking Ingredient in Ireland
- How To Light A Christmas Pudding
- Irish American Mom's Christmas Pudding
- Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Christmas Cookies