Wishing you all a very happy Christmas. May the peace of the season surround you, as you celebrate with those you love.
Learn how to say Happy Christmas in the Irish language.
Plus I’ve included some phonetic pronunciation tips.
In Irish (or the Irish form of Gaelic) we say ….
Nollaig Shona Duit
This is pronounced “null-ig hun-ah gwitch” and is the singular form of the greeting.
If you are addressing more than one person you would say …
Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Prononciation is “null-ig hun-ah jeeve”.
If you enjoy crafts and printables, especially festive projects, you might like to check out these tutorials and resources.
Thanks for following my recipes and ramblings.
And so, I wish you all joy and peace this Christmas season.
Beannachtaí an tSéasúir
Irish American Mom
(Pronunciation for “Beannachtaí an tSéasúir” is “ban-uck-thee on thay-shure)
Here are some more posts you might like to explore to learn about how to celebrate Christmas, Irish style….
- Perfect Mini Cheesecakes For Any Party
- Christmas Pinwheel Sandwiches For The Festive Season
- Mixed Spice – A Traditional Festive Baking Ingredient in Ireland
- Chocolate Dipped Holiday Strawberries
- White Chocolate Peppermint Truffles
- Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Christmas Cookies
- Baileys Mint Chocolate Cookie Truffles
- Irish American Mom’s Christmas Pudding