Wishing all the readers of Irish American Mom all over the world a very happy and peaceful Christmas.
In Irish we say…
Nollaig Shona Duit
This is pronounced like this – null-ig hun-ah dh-itch
This is how we say happy Christmas to one person.
If you would like to wish a happy Christmas to more than one then you say …
Nollaig Shona Daoibh
This is pronounced like this – null-ig hun-ah dee-iv.
Thank you to all who have stopped by this little corner of the internet this year, to explore our Irish heritage together.
I really appreciate all the wonderful comments and great discussions we have about all things Irish and Irish American.
This blog would not be possible without you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Here’s a little video of Christmas scenes around Dublin this year, where I’ll be celebrating the festive season with my family.
Enjoy every moment of Christmas as you spend time with those you love.
Slán agus beannacht,
(Goodbye and blessings)
Irish American Mom
- White Chocolate Peppermint Truffles
- Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Christmas Cookies
- Chocolate Dipped Holiday Strawberries
- Mixed Spice – A Traditional Festive Baking Ingredient in Ireland
- Perfect Mini Cheesecakes For Any Party
- Christmas Pinwheel Sandwiches For The Festive Season
- Christmas Chocolate Yule Log
- Homemade Mincemeat